RE: Boston Globe's TV/Radio "Reporter"

Roger wrote:
>As a "News Professional" with a supposed interest in Radio/TV - wouldn't
>it seem "logical" that she would (should?) be a "subscriber" to this

Nothing at the Globe is logical.  Not everyone there has e-mail, nor knows
how to use it (WBZ just got it 6 months ago!!!).  I know Susan, although we
are not close friends-- we've met at a few media events.  She seems like a
basically nice person, and she is doing such a perfunctory job (imho)
because her newspaper doesn't give much time or interest towards the subject
matter (unless there is a scandal or a death).  The Globe hasn't had a
strong commitment to a radio column since the early 1980s when Bill Buchanan
retired.  The Globe, like all too many papers, seems to think radio is an
unimportant sideline, and they only mention it now and then.  I for one
would LOVE to be the Globe's radio editor.  Please nominate me-- you know
I'd do a good job!!!