Re: The 'old' WRPT

At 02:11 AM 4/18/97 -0400, Steve Ordinetz wrote:
>At 11:39 PM 4/17/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>Just curious....
>>
>>What was the format of WRPT/1050 just prior to going dark?  When did it go
>>dark?
>>

>Pete Ferrand can probably respond with more accuracy, but most of it's life
>WRPT simulcasted it's sister FM WMDK (now WNHQ), which was at the time
>alternative rock (sort of).  Just before pulling the plug, WRPT would
>occasionally split from the FM and play AC, though I never detected any
>pattern to when they'd be split and when they were simulcast.

OK, since I worked there then (and still do).

The last format of RPT was a simulcast of WNHQ doing it's current AC
format. WNHQ had moved to its current Milford studios by that point, and
the RPT transmitter was fed from a radio tuned to the FM at 92.1, so there
was no way the station could be split.

There was some attempt made to play AC (or just A) and some talk
programming on split with RPT while it was still at the Peterborough
studio, in the year or so prior to the move.

- -Pete