Re: The "IV" stations of NY

In a message dated 97-04-11 16:55:50 EDT, bossmsx@hotmail.com (Tony Simon)
writes:

Comments on the BRA:

>You mean the ones which consisted of WJIV/Cherry Valley, the one in De
>Ruyter,
>and also the current WNVE/95.1 Rochester??  I believe the calls all ended in

>"IV", but i may be wrong.
>>though, that some of the stations are still commonly owned and still
>>simulcast--though I have no idea of who owns them or what they're
>simulcasting.

Those stations, prior to the religious network (don't know if Pat Robertson
was invloved) were all put there back in the 50's by Agway (not aMway) as
agricultural-based station network.  That's why they are all AWAY from the
cities they're between, and a bit south of.  Then they sold to some
religion-for-profit group, and then (now) they're all spun off to different
owners.   All 4 stations has W-IV as jall letters...  WBIV, WJIV, WOIV and
one I can't remember.

- -----Jibguy