Re: digital automation

The station that I work at uses an ENCO system and it works amazingly well.
 The few problems that we have had could all be traced back to human error.
 (garbage in, garbage out)  The staff records their breaks daily and I can
not tell when they are live or on hard drive and  work there!   I think the
key is to keep the format mechanics simple so there is not much to go wrong.
 We have also built in some redudancy in a few cases, just to cover some
"what if" situations that have not happened.

Many problems with automation systems happen because stations try to make
them do things that they were not designed to do or they think they can run
with no supervision or maintenance.