Shutdown of boston-radio-interest list

Sean Smyth ssmyth@alumni.psu.edu
Thu Nov 30 15:38:09 EST 2023

Garrett,

Thank you for providing us the forum to exchange ideas, meet interesting
people, and honor those who’ve since left us (specifically thinking of Bob
Bittner, although there are a number of others).

I never took up the vocation of broadcasting as I’d hoped, but I learned a
lot from this place. There were times where I asked many stupid questions
or said many stupid things, and the response was always polite and
professional. I probably didn’t deserve that much, honestly.

With this news and Fybush maybe giving up NERW, or at least that’s how I’ve
read notices in some recent columns, it’s the end of an era for us earlyish
Internet adopters.

Lastly: indeed, bottom posting would make life so much better — but Google
and Microsoft have deemed otherwise, and I’ve adopted the path of least
resistance.

Thanks,
Sean

P.S. Apologies for the repeated use of I.

Sent from my iPhone