Shutdown of boston-radio-interest list

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Dec 1 17:26:32 EST 2023

<<On Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:21:02 -0500, Bob DeMattia <bob.bosra@demattia.net> said:

> Is there any interest in restarting the function of the list on groups.io?
> I'm on that platform for bunch of other lists, and it seems to be clean.
> Management of a groups.io group takes very little effort.

If anyone wants to do that, they're welcome to.  I will not share the
subscriber list, however, because (1) I was never given permission to
do so, and (2) there are a lot of unattended or invalid mailboxes on
it.

My own interest remains at this point pretty firmly in the history and
not the present; I can't remember the last time I intentionally put on
live radio, and that's a big part of why I am trying to wind down the
most high-effort, low-reward part of bostonradio.org.  (Only a month
ago I had to shut down the "where am I?" service when the FCC
discontinued publishing its database in the format the site depended
on -- before that point, the daily database updates were the
highest-effort part of the site, but keeping mail delivery working in
today's Internet is a very close second.)

-GAWollman