Bill Jones, WMEX, NH Bandstand

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Oct 31 20:50:36 EDT 2020

On 10/31/2020 3:54 PM, DAVID COVINO wrote:
> Good afternoon, sir.  I am a former member of the Massachusetts band The Brass Tax,

Not sure who the "sir" is-- but I do vaguely recall a band by that name.
If it's the same band I'm thinking of, I thought were from Augusta
Maine, circa 1970, and played Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts in
1970-1971. I recall there were about 8 or 9 members.  Or was there a
different band with that name?  As for the Jones Boy, as I recall, that
was a "house name," and several deejays occupied it, none of them named
"Bill Jones" in real life, as far as I know.  However, one of the guys
who was The Jones Boy on WMEX was also on WKBR in Manchester. And yes,
various of the WMEX deejays did host record hops in the Nashua area in
the mid-1960s. Perhaps others know the names of some of the guys who
played "Bill Jones" on WMEX.

--
Donna L. Halper, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies