Dan Donovan and House Names

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Mon Jun 17 11:03:18 EDT 2019

On 6/17/2019 1:29 AM, Glenn Spatola wrote:
> There were indeed lots of Dan Donovans, and a few Fenways, but as I recall,
> not many Melvin X. Melvins. IMHO, the longest running and by far the best
> Melvin X. Melvin was Joe Jeffries, aka J.J. Jeffrey!!

According to Jack Gale (who said in his book that working for WMEX-- and
Mac Richmond-- was among the worst experiences of his life), one of the
Melvin X Melvins was Jim McKrell.  And yes, in addition to J.J.
Jeffries, another was the late Tom Shovan.

--
Donna L. Halper, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies