Call Letters Meaning on Wikipedia

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Fri Jun 14 08:51:44 EDT 2019

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019, Donna Halper wrote:

> Long, long ago-- way back before Gary or I were born-- there were no N's
> or AA's.

When I was licensed in the mid '70's, there were no vanity calls. Real old
timers had KnXX or WnXX; slightly less old folks had KnXXX or WnXXX, and
recently licensed hams were all WAnXXX or WBnXXX (except for Novice
licensees, who were all WNnXXX).

I wondered how the Boy Scouts managed to get K2BSA, because there was no
provision in the Rules at the time for call signs to be assigned other
than sequentially.

Rob