[IRCA] WNTN 1550 transmitter site change?

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Mar 16 00:17:57 EDT 2017

Why would they want to make a move that requires that much of a
reduction in power?

On 3/15/2017 10:22 PM, Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:
> Not may have, it definately has and gone from 10kw to 750w
>

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 6:22 PM Mark Connelly via IRCA <
> irca@hard-core-dx.com> wrote:
>
>> I think that WNTN 1550 may have completed its transmitter site move from
>> Newton to a diplex operation at the WJIB 740 tower on Concord Ave.,
>> Cambridge.
>>
>> The signal strength here seems to be less.  Even though the path from
>> Cambridge to here has a slighter higher over-water percentage than that
>> from Newton, neither the minor uptick in that percentage value nor the
>> slight distance reduction is enough to make up for the significant power
>> reduction.  When checked this afternoon the WNTN signal was about even with
>> co-channel WSDK from the Hartford, CT area.  It had previously dominated.
>> Adjacent channels 1540 (WXEX-NH over WADK-RI, WDCD-NY) and 1560 (WFME-NY)
>> signals were stronger.
>>
>> Mark Connelly, WA1ION
>> South Yarmouth, MA

A. Joseph Ross, J.D. | 1340 Centre Street, Suite 103 | Newton, MA 02459
617.367.0468 | Fx:617.507.7856 | http://www.attorneyross.com