Fw: WBUR Cape Cod now broadcasting on 89.1 FM, WBUH Brewster

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Wed May 28 18:15:23 EDT 2014

<<On Wed, 28 May 2014 09:52:24 -0400 (EDT), Rob Landry <011010001@interpring.com> said:

> Interesting. I heard them say WBUH Brewster at the top of the hour, so I
> assumed they were using the 500-foot tower on the Brewster-Orleans line,
> or the one used by WFCC.

>Nope. It's mounted fairly low on a cell tower just off the Cape Cod
>Rail Trail in Eastham, about two miles north of the National Seashore
>welcome center.

>-GAWollman

Everything written about this facility has pointed to a fair amount of haste top get the station on-the-air
STAT.  WBUR has invested in a transmitter, horizontal-suelement only antenna and rental of a tower, I assume for
some period of time.  I suspect that the FCC will some day receive an application to upgrade the facility,
at least by adding a circularly-polarized antenna and maybe a top-mounted stick with greater altitude.