Is WSRO-AM 650 Testing Its Modest Power Increase?

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Thu Jun 12 18:09:07 EDT 2014

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> I was doing a little late-night AM dial twisting yesterday (Wednesday,
> 06/11) and noticed that I could hear WSRO-AM 650 transmitting from
> Framingham.  They've been running 100 watts nights with a directional
> pattern favoring the 45-degree radial where I reside 40 or so miles
> away.  They received a CP to boost that to 187 watts; no big deal, but
> if they're running that now, at least on the cusp of the solstice so
> there are fewer hours between sunset and midnight, it's doing a fine job
> of covering WSM-AM in Nashville,.

They're only running 100 watts at night. On occasion, I've heard them at
night on I-95 at the Mass/NH line. The signal's not really listenable, but
it's there.

In the daytime, however, they're quite listenable in Portsmouth.

Rob