Globe says Touch 106 FM is "a one time pirate station"?!?!?

Gary's Ice Cream gary@garysicecream.com
Wed Jun 5 18:25:11 EDT 2013

I too sent him an e-mail suggesting he look them up on the FCC ULS
database......Oh wait, he can't...they're not there because they're not
licensed which makes them STILL illegal!!

                    Gary's Ice Cream, Chelmsford, MA
www.garysicecream.com           www.icecreamcollege.com

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Donna Halper
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 5:21 PM
To: Don
Cc: B-R-I
Subject: Re: Globe says Touch 106 FM is "a one time pirate station"?!?!?

On 6/5/2013 2:32 PM, Don wrote:
> The Globe's Adrian Walker referred to Touch 106 FM as a "onetime"
> pirate radio station.  Another person trying to give it legitimacy or
> just plain ignorance?

A little of both-- the owner (Mr. Clemons) has been saying the station is
legal for so long that people may have started to believe it.  I both wrote
to the Globe and left a message on Adrian Walker's voicemail, requesting a
clarification and explaining why I questioned what Adrian had written.
We'll see if anyone responds.