Wikipedia entry for WKOX

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Wed May 23 20:42:35 EDT 2012

Scott wrote--
> As of 10:00 this morning, nobody has registered talk1017.com...or
> mia101.7com...or radio1017.com...or rumba1017.com...or
> wkoxfm.com....or jamn1017.com. Anyone who has 13 bucks to spare (which
> rules me out at the moment, alas) could register any of those names
> and start the wheel of speculation spinning. But for now, there's
> simply no red meat out there for anyone to start chewing on, which I
> guess leaves us speculating on the lack of speculation.

Is it significant that Mr. Mindich still owns the call letters of WFNX?
Unless I misunderstood Peter Kadzis of the Phoenix, he may have sold the
station but he has held on to the calls, and I hear there are efforts to
bring the station back on some level, by turning it into an internet
station.  (Sam Kopper of the old WBCN is doing that even as we speak,
with an internet version of WBCN.  Not sure how many listeners it has.)
Have you heard anything about plans to rejuvenate WFNX as an internet
station?