Boston.com will bring WFNX staffers back online

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Tue Jun 26 15:02:15 EDT 2012

>Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:25:11 -0400
>From: Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
>To: Sean Smyth <ssmyth@psualum.com>
>Cc: Boston Radio Group <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
>Subject: Re: Boston.com will bring WFNX staffers back online
>
>I still wonder if internet radio really works--
>Sam Kopper tried to bring back WBCN as an online
>station, but it gets very little media buzz and I
>wonder how many people actually do listen to it.

Sam (and others who work there) can access the server
statistics, and I've heard that during their live
programming it only averages about a hundred people
listening online. That doesn't include people who
listen on HD radio, which I'm sure is much less.

EP