WQPH Correction I Sent And Reply From Lowell Sun

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Oct 26 23:58:38 EDT 2011

On 10/26/2011 3:23 AM, Bob Nelson wrote:

> And then yes, temperature. We learned a complicated formula that
> involved multiplying or diving by 5 or 9,
> adding or subtracting 32, etc., but really it's very simple. 0 Celsius
> is 32 Fahrenheit and for each 5 degrees C, it's 9 degrees of
> Fahrenheit. Room temperature, 68, is 20 Celsius. A pleasant summer day
> can be
> 25 C (77F) or 30C (86 F) etc. 41 F = 5 C, 50 F= 10 C, etc.

And sometime in the 1970s, I was in a play, playing a Groucho Marx
character, and I came up with the line, "What this country needs is a
good five-cent cigar.  In fact, what this country needs is a good
five-cent nickel.  That's minus fifteen cents Celcius."

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856