Rush Radio rebrands as Boston Talk 1200

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 16:02:16 EST 2011

Well, Mark of Boston Radio Watch wondered (just a possibility) if they
might try moving Katz to pm and run Imus in am drive, and I added poss
America's Morning News, but who knows.

True that the stations you mentioned aren't CC properties and indeed
the station picking up Hannity in Philly is pretty weak

> I know that WOR dropped Hannity because of low ratings (Hannity moved
> to WNYM).

Did you mean Curtis Sliwa? Hannity was and still is on WABC (their
website as of this minute says he's "on now"). WNYM did pick up Sliwa
after he was dumped by WABC,
and WOR supposedly expressed interest, but didn't have room for him so
he went to the Salem property.

Rush Radio was and still is on in N.C. and New Orleans (I was
listening to it while visiting the latter, including former RKO host
John Osterlind after Hannity) and they tried it in Boston too but I
think maybe now they are realizing it's best to just use the simple
format, freq, city identifiers  of "Talk 1200 Boston" and not focus
all their efforts on Rush. Supposedly when Rush was on RKO, he and
Howie had the best ratings of all (as well as Savage) but that may say
more about the lackluster other hosts they had at the time.