With 940 now officially vacant

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 14:20:50 EDT 2010

You can trace a lot of this back to when RKO General owned CKLW and
forgot Canada existed.

You seldom ever heard a Canadian news story on 20-20 news.

I can remember in the early 70's when WGR was very popular in Toronto.

My mother said once on vacation "Why can I hear Jerry Williams clear
in #uebec and not Cambridge? LOL. I also recall my Dad was stunned
that he could hear WHDH and WEZE clearly in Quebec City.

Canada gave the CBC the good allocations and for the most part private
broadcasters in Canada just didn't beam south at night - in Eastern
Canada CKAC and CKLW were the exceptions  and CJMS covered New England
well.

Certainly CFCF and CFRB deserved better than what they got.