Media impact on the special election

raccoonradio@mail.com raccoonradio@mail.com
Sat Jan 23 13:26:07 EST 2010

 People on both sides are nasty. Keith Olbermann called Scott Brown every name in the book. To say that only one side does it is ridiculous. Carr did play Happy Days are Here Again (actually I think Avi Nelson did on election night too); the fact that the song is usually associated with Democrats was his sense of humor. Nelson, btw (no relation) does a rather erudite and thoughtful show. Oh wait,
he's a conservative....

And left-leaners would never call people on the right "tea-baggers" (which has a sexual connotation).
They would never express glee that rightie talk host Laura Ingraham got breast cancer or that Rush Limbaugh possibly had a heart attack.

It is true that talk shows like these do take sides, and hopefully people from both sides (or all opinions) will call in. Howie and his producer have said that they frequently called Coakley to get her on the show and she refused. Similarly, Dan Rea says anyone is welcome to call--"I don't care what you think just so long as you're thinking". While Rea is right wing, he had Coakley on his show the Friday before the election. Thus we heard about "Yankee fan" Curt Schilling...

Joe Scarborough: "Obermann calls Brown a 'homophobic racist reactionary' who 'supports violence against women.' How reckless and how sad.Itis no longer enough to simply disagree with someone. These days somefeel the need to call opponents evil. It happens on both extremes. Just as when Beck called the president racist, this sort of rhetorical extremism must be discouraged. It cheapens the debate."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2608841/scott_brown_and_keith_olbermanns_on.html?cat=9