[Save_progressive_radio_boston] Re: WGBH buying WCRB-FM, turning it into a commercial-free classical station

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Thu Sep 24 01:30:00 EDT 2009

At 01:18 AM 9/24/2009, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

>On 23 Sep 2009 at 5:47, Larry Weil wrote:
>
> > The question I just thought of:  What becomes of WHDH-HD2?  Does it
> > remain an independently produced classical music stream or does it
> > become a rebroadcast of WCRB?  I don't know if anyone has the answer
> > to this, or if it's just something we'll have to speculate about until
> > the purchase closes.
>
>WHDH-HD2?  Can that be right?  WHDH is an AM station, where does it
>get an HD2?

That's what I get for sending e-mail when I'm dead tired, I had just
gotten home after an overnight shift.  Of course I meant WGBH-FM-HD2
(and I hope that's the correct designation).

Then again, WHDH was an AM station, but no more.  Of course there is
WHDH-TV, which does have an HD2, which carries "This TV"' but that's
not what I was asking about.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH