Digital TV reception problem

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Fri Jun 19 18:21:20 EDT 2009

>>This is going to sound real strange, but bear with me. I have a Teak indoor UHF digital antenna hooked up to a converter box. Until last night I got in all the major Boston and Providence stations with no problem. Since about 7 last night the only station I get in (no matter where I place the antenna) is WHDH - on VHF 7 and not UHF 42. Any ideas on what I can do?<<

You might need what's referred to as a "clean" re-scan.  Disconnect the antenna from the converter box or digital TV, and initiate a re-scan.  That should effectively wipe the tuner's memory.  Then, remove all power from the converter box or TV for a few minutes.  Then connect the antenna, power up and re-scan.  That *should* solve it.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040