WLNE (was WBZ-TV Anniversary)

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed Jun 10 17:41:17 EDT 2009

Mike Ward wrote:
> Dan.Strassberg wrote:
>> Wouldn't that have to be WPLR-TV, since the WPLR (FM) calls have been
>> in New Haven forever.  My search showed calls of KDNL-TV for Channel
>> 30 in
>> St Louis, but that would probably the RF channel and maybe you weren't
>> talking about the RF channel.
>
> Nope, it is indeed KDLR-TV, analog 30, that's the ABC affiliate with no
> news in St. Louis.

Make that KDNL-TV...I think the original poster was getting it confused
with the market's longtime indie, KPLR-TV 11 (now the CW affiliate
there, if memory serves.)

While KDNL and WXLV are the largest ABC affiliates with no local news,
they're not the only ones. WATM in Altoona PA has no local newsroom (it
simulcasts news with NBC affiliate WJAC), and the same is now true of
WIVT in Binghamton and WWTI in Watertown. WBND-LP in South Bend does
just one 5-minute newscast a day, anchored at a sister station in
Milwaukee. Out west, there are several small ABC affiliates with no
local news, including most of the ABC stations in Montana. KTKA in
Topeka was newsless for a while, but may have restarted a news operation.

And to answer Dan's question about how the TVFMSTNS software will
display stations after Friday, I'm pretty sure it will show only RF
channels, since it draws its data from the FCC database, which presently
has no field for virtual channel number.