Ex-WHDH Anchor Randy Price Joins WCVB Monday June 8th

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Tue Jun 2 18:43:28 EDT 2009

Mark Laurence wrote:

> So Randy Price will have been an anchor at all of Boston's traditional
> "big 3" news stations.  Two others are John Henning and Tom Ellis.  Can
> anybody add to that list?

  I don't know about any others that anchored at all of Boston's "big 3",
but some who have anchored the news on at least 2 Boston stations, not
necessarily the "big 3". Arch MacDonald was Boston's first TV news anchor,
he anchored Boston's first ever TV news when WBZ-TV signed on in 1948,
sitting on a "keg of nails".(News sets have certainly come a long way in 61
years!!) But back to the topic at hand, Arch MacDonald later went to
then-WKBG Channel 56 (late 60's/early 70's) when they tried to compete
against the "big 3". Didn't he later end up at WCVB just after they signed
on?

  Also, Frank Mallicoat has anchored at WLVI and currently WFXT. Jack Hynes
anchored on both incarnations of Channel 5 and later on WLVI. IIRC Hynes
never worked at Channels 4 or 7. Bianca De La Garza has anchored at WFXT &
currently WCVB, her husband David Wade anchored at WFXT & currently WBZ. Kim
Carrigan has anchored at WHDH (Channel 7) and currently WFXT.

Mark Watson