Walter Cronkite passes

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sat Jul 18 00:29:56 EDT 2009

Donna Halper wrote:
> At 10:11 PM 7/17/2009, John Bolduc wrote:
>
>> According to yahoo, Walter Cronkike passes
>
> And former CNN anchor Aaron Brown wrote a wonderful tribute to Walter,
> the man who was his mentor:

That makes at least three stories this evening about the thoughtful way
Walter Cronkite encouraged and inspired those around him, no matter how
young or inexperienced.

Robert Feder, late of the Chicago Sun-Times, has a column up tonight
recounting the friendship that began when he wrote to Cronkite at the
age of 14:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituaries/1672043,remembering-walter-cronkite-feder-071709.article

And a few years later, Cronkite got a letter from some six-year-old kid
in upstate New York, and instead of sending a form response, he...well,
I'm still blown away, three decades later, by what happened next:

http://www.fybush.com/NERW/2009/090713/nerw.html

They don't make 'em like that anymore.