Pirate on 87.9

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Wed Jul 1 19:42:24 EDT 2009

While driving last night on Route 1 at the intersection with Route 62 I
picked up a strong signal playing oldies (70's pop vintage)in stereo.  At
the top of the hour they played a promo for a Friday night Wolfman Jack show
and Id'd the station only as 87.9 - no calls.  I was able to hear the
station through Peabody Square all the way back to my apartment across from
Salem Hospital.

I'm guessing, from the frequency and lack of ID's, sweepers, etc, that
they're a pirate but they sounded very good.  The audio path was clean and
the limited production didn't sound like an IPOD on shuffle.  The strength
of the signal would be roughly what I'd expect WMWM to do if its TX was
located in Danvers so I'm guessing about 100 -150 watts.

Any ideas?

Pro Cinema - Pro Audio - Pro & Consumer AV Equipment & Supplies

Brian Vita
President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
77 Walnut St - Ste 4