More on the FD

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Feb 27 17:06:35 EST 2009

At 12:09 PM 2/27/2009, Bob Nelson wrote:
>And surely liberal talk radio was very respectful of the most recent
>GOP president. They
>supported him in every way, never called him names or disagreed with
>his positions...
>Yup! Air America loved W, they sure did.

Umm, let's not generalize.  Thom Hartmann and Rachel Maddow were very
harsh critics of President Bush, but they never insulted him or
called him names, as far as I can tell.  Ed Schultz also seldom got
into name-calling.  He was vehement about the policies with which he
disagreed, but I don't recall hearing him say rude things about the
president personally.  Franken, Rhodes, and some other hosts did
indeed call Bush names.  But then, Michael Savage and Ann Coulter on
the right use name-calling regularly, as does G. Gordon Liddy and
Limbaugh.  I think it's a false choice to say one side is friendly
and respectful while the other side is rude and insolent.  Both sides
have individual talkers whose persona is to be nasty and vitriolic.