WNSH weekend show

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Sat Feb 14 14:34:09 EST 2009

I saw a poster today in the window of a local convenience store here
in Arlington advertising a program to be aired Sundays from noon to
3:00PM on WLYN and WAZN. From the photo on the poster, I'd guess that
the host is in his late seventies or early eighties. He has a very
Italian-sounding name, so I am wondering whether he voices the program
in Italian. I'm also wondering whether this might be the same fellow
who does or did a weekend program (Saturday afternoons, IIRC) on WNSH.
The program featured/features what I would call adult standards music
by artists who are either Italian or of Italian descent. Could be the
same host. The WNSH program was voiced in a mixture of Italian and
very heavily Italian-accented English. I don't remember the name of
the program host and I could not find it on the WNSH Web site. The guy
might have moved the show from WNSH to WLYN/WAZN or he could be
branching out. Sounded like he got a big kick out of doing radio and,
in election season, stumping for McCain and explaining why there was
no way Obama could beat him.

If somebody can post the name of the guy who does/did the show on WNSH
and the convenience store hasn't removed the poster the next time I go
there, I can figure out whether it's the same guy who is now on
WLYN/WAZN.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367