Sirius XM Radio Bankruptcy?

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 14:22:23 EST 2009

Garrett Wollman wrote:
> I'm not sure that it wouldn't
> have a significant impact on renewal costs.

I'm already noticing they (Sirius) are enticing subscribers to extend
their membership early, by Mid march, and then, whenever your
subscription expires, 32k web audio and its free access to will go away
and you'll have to pay 3 bucks a month for the 128k stream. They also
introduced a la carte and packages, e.g., news/talk, family, sports.  I
have to wonder if they can sustain two incompatible platforms and why
should they? Why not just cash-out on one of them?  Wonder if CC or
other terrestrial holdings will see the benefit of such? Toss your
flagships up onto the bird, etc.

Bill O'Neill