Radio soap opera theme music

thomas heathwood heritageradio@msn.com
Fri Apr 3 00:32:16 EDT 2009

Joe and Dan
I'll remember your special interest in Matinee With Bob & Ray and their network
shows, and play one on a upcoming Heritage Radio Theatre (The Olde Tyme Radio Network - www.VintageRadioPlace.com/broadcast<http://www.vintageradioplace.com/broadcast>)
Tom Heathwood    HeritageRadio@msn.com<mailto:HeritageRadio@msn.com>     (www.HeritageRadio.com<http://www.heritageradio.com/>)   April 3rd

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: A. Joseph Ross<mailto:Joe@attorneyross.com>
  To: Dan.Strassberg<mailto:dan.strassberg@att.net>
  Cc: thomas heathwood<mailto:heritageradio@msn.com> ; Boston Radio Interest<mailto:boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
  Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:59 PM
  Subject: Re: Radio soap opera theme music

  On 2 Apr 2009 Dan.Strassberg wrote:

  > All this is bringing to mind Bob and Ray's wonderful parodies of
  > daytime soaps. The most famous of them, Mary Backstage, Noble Wife,
  > may have run as long as the "real" program, Mary Noble, Backstage
  > Wife, (and I'd wager is remembered by more people than is the real
  > program). But there were others, such as Mr Trace, Keener than Most
  > Persons, a takeoff on the nighttime show, Mr Keane, Tracer of Lost
  > Persons. Bob and Ray may also have done Mr Agony, a takeoff on the
  > always tearful personal-advice program, Mr Anthony. I have heard an
  > actual clip from Mr Anthony on Danny Stiles classic records show,
  > which appears on erratic schedule, overnights on WRCA 1330
  > (Watertown).

  Bob and Ray also did "One Fella's Family," a spoof of "One Man's
  Family."  My favorite of their parodies was their space opera parody
  "Laurence Fectenberger, Interstellar Officer Candidate,"  sponsored
  by "Chocolate Cookies with White Stuff In Between Them."

  --
  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                   617.367.0468
  92 State Street, Suite 700            Fax: 617.507.7856