I think they call that "Buying the wrong demo"

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Mon Jun 30 12:45:58 EDT 2008

All during the time period during which "progressive Talk" was programmed
on WXKS-AM 1430 in Boston/Everett and WKOX-AM 1200 in Framingham, many of
the local insertions for Jones and Air America shows included Geico spots,
long before Mass auto insurance "reform".   Even then, I wondered why a
company not licensed to business in the Bay State ran all those spots!
The mere fact that each station could be HEARD in neighboring states
that offered Geico service didn't mean that large numbers of people got
sufficient signal strangth from either to make such buys worthwhile.
I always knew the WXKS-AM/WKOX operation got a hearing in Metro Boston
and Metro West because the live shows got numerous calls from Boston
and points west; not so many from RI or NH. (Stephanie Miller
in particular took at least one call in any given hour from the
Boston area, including me.)

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses