so, what is "radio" good for?

mike@miscon.net mike@miscon.net
Fri Jul 25 12:47:12 EDT 2008

As technology progresses, and real-time traffic, weather, and sports
becomes readily - and more easily - available in a mobile environment;
where music is available from a personal play-list, or provided (wireless)
through an internet entity; where "news" becomes a "social
platform" that allows anyone anywhere to be a "reporter;"
what does "radio" do? What is its purpose? Its meaning?

I'm not trying - as many others have done in the past - to predict
the death of radio, but rather I'm wondering how it will change, adapt,
remain relevant. And I'm asking you, esteemed list members, what the
future holds. What will radio be live five, twenty, or fifty years from
now?

Mike