Felger leaving ESPN Boston

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sun Jul 13 11:56:40 EDT 2008

David Tomm wrote:

> The industry is moving toward posting, which means stations (and
> networks) are becoming more accountable to advertisers and agencies.  Ad
> buyers want quantifiable results, and just clearing spots on a
> low-powered AM that gets no ratings isn't going to cut it in the next
> few years.  Tang and the Worldwide Leader may go way back, but business
> is business.  If ESPN can get their spots cleared on a full signal FM in
> a sports crazed major market like Boston, they'd jump at the opportunity.

Particularly as ESPN begins exploring the potential of HD multicasting.
They've already taken some trial stabs at it with broadcasts of the UEFA
soccer matches a few weekends ago, and the word from those I know in
Bristol is that that's just a beginning. So, yes, an FM in Boston would
be huge for them.