Voice-over Flubs

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:38:37 EST 2008

>>Well, there was the day that I was thinking about new music and
smooth jazz.  I announced that there would be more smooth Jews
after the break....

Ah--that sounds like a spoonerism, mixing up sounds of one
word with another. There was a Reverend Spooner who
would accidentally say things like "May I sew you to
another sheet" and "Our queer old Dean" instead of "May I
show you to another seat" and "Our dear old Queen". The
Capitol Steps do a whole routine every show called
Lirty Dies and Scicious Vandals, in which spoonerisms
are played for laughs. At one point, they point out--
in straight talk--that Brad Pitt's daughter is named
Shiloh Pitt and ask the audience to do the spoonerism
in their minds...