The future of AM radio

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Sat Feb 2 15:17:22 EST 2008

At 10:10 AM -0800 2/2/08, Sean Smyth wrote:

>Isn't CBC still available on shortwave?

Radio Canada International carries some CBC programming, but not the
same as a domestic CBC station would.

>Wouldn't shortwave be an option for those out on the ocean?

Yea, but I don't think RCI has the programming the sailors are
looking for, like weather forecasts.  And shortwave propagation is
iffy at best.

>If so, are shortwave receivers that expensive?

Like anything, you can get a cheap one or a good one.  A moderately
priced portable of reasonable quality would be around $150.
--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH