Natalie Jacobson To Retire

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Wed Jul 11 11:24:06 EDT 2007

>Of the Big Name Anchors, Jack Williams is
> now the only one left, and his station's news mired in fourth place
> overall, despite having the strongest network affiliation.<

As I haven't lived in Mass. for years, I've been curious for some time as to
why this is so.  WBZ-TV changed its network affiliation twelve years ago, if
memory serves, and it's never been able to get itself out of the doldrums
since --- despite the fact, as you say, that it's affiliated with the lead
network.  When I make my visits to family/friends in the Gardner-Fitchburg
area, I make a point of watching and comparing 4, 5 and 7.  4 and 5 seem
fairly similar in "style" if you will, while 7 is much more slick.  Any
opinions as to why Channel 4 has become the perpetual also-ran?

-Doug