WEEI 103.7 signal

Peter Murray pete@partnercomm.com
Tue Jul 3 15:08:37 EDT 2007

Sounds like a combination of factors - a good car radio (decent combo of
selectivity and sensitivity), and you're driving across the diameter of
its (approximately) 40dBu coverage.

103.7B in Westerley doesn't have anything too close-spaced to it. As you
travel east from New Haven, you'll receive some adjacent-channel signal
from two separate 103.9 class A signals (WFAS, Bronxville NY / WRCN,
Riverhead NY), and some from class B 103.5 (WKTU, NYC). As you continue
east past Sagamore and Otis AFB, you'll start to receive more
adjacent-channel signal from WKPE (103.9, South Yarmouth). Co-channel WKNE
is over 107 miles away, and terrain does a great deal to block its signal
from having much strength by Springfield or anywhere south of Worcester.

Philip Urso picked a good spot for it, back in the days of WWRX.

-Peter

--
Peter Murray (N3IXY)
Oak Hill, VA