FCC Allows Pirate To Stay On The Air?

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Wed Feb 7 12:15:29 EST 2007

>>The 10 day period has passed for
Touch FM to provide evidence they are duly licensed, and I have
no idea (since I live up in Beverly) if 106.1 is still on the air--
but if they are, I doubt they'll be on for much longer.<<

That assumes they will obey a shut-down order...and as others have
pointed out, many pirates routinely ignore such notices.

Of course, given the events of this week in Nevada, one wonders if the
station's operator will go whining to one of his senators.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WKAF - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI AM/FM
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Boston MA  02135-2040
Phone: 617-779-5369
Fax: 617-779-5379