WCRN speculation

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 12:09:19 EST 2006

Earlier this week, I speculated that WCRN's (830 Worcester) picking up
the Red Sox might be a sign Entercom could be acquiring 830. My
thinking: Why would Entercom allow a station pursuing an upgrade, one
that could be a competitor to WRKO's format, join the network -- unless
there would be some benefit for WRKO?

This morning, I received an e-mail from the WCRN folks saying, point
blank, the station is not on the market.

Still, in theory, I think an 830/850 combo could be enticing down the line.