National Anthem at noon time

Gary's Ice Cream gary@garysicecream.com
Wed Feb 15 05:03:04 EST 2006

 We've been starting "Music & Memories Overnight" with "God Bless America by
Kate Smith" at midnite every night since the show started in 2002.

-Gary Francis
WCAP
Lowell MA

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
David Tomm
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:24 AM
To: John Bolduc
Cc: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: National Anthem at noon time

It actually was a trend during the months following the 9/11 attacks.
Mostly country outlets played it along with some AC's and rockers,
particularly in the South but it happened at stations all over the country.
Over time most stations dropped the practice but some of them still do it,
including WKLB.  WBLI/Long Island, a CHR station, still plays the anthem
daily at noon.  They usually rotate between the Mariah Carey, Whitney
Houston and Beyonce Knowles versions.

Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"