News about Air America

dlh@donnahalper.com dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Jul 21 22:45:21 EDT 2005

I tried to send this before, but my computer crashed so this may the list twice.  I'm in Minneapolis at a convention, the same one where Air America had its affiliate meetings, and I heard a bunch of interesting news.  Seems some affiliates are flat (New York, for one) but others are up dramatically (Minneapolis, from .1 to 1.5 in two books) and others continue to do well in ratings and revenue (Portand).  Some growth in LA and Chicago, and some good trends in small and medium markets like Madison WI.  AAR just signed their 70th station, and plans to expand their news and do some other things that I cannot discuss right now... Al Franken will be speaking at this convention on Saturday, which ought to be interesting.