Boston Globe Article On Lowell Spinners Return To WCAP

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@myway.com
Fri Jul 1 22:26:38 EDT 2005

>>I thought it odd that the article did not mention that there was some concern among students over the legality of having a commercial for-profit entity such as the Spinners broadcasting over the non-commercial airwaves of WUML.

For awhile baseball's minor league Akron (OH) Aeros aired their
games on WAPS, a non-comm FM owned by the Akron Public Schools.

I have heard tapes of WAPS also running what sounded like commercials
for the Ohio Lottery --not sure how legal that was.