Listen...to...this...

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sat Feb 5 15:24:30 EST 2005

>From: "Bill O'Neill....." <billo@shoreham.net>
>To: "Boston Radio Interest" <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
>Subject: Listen...to...this...
>Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 14:46:58 -0500

> Just surfing around the VOA site. First time I'd noticed, among the
> various audio feeds, "special English" audio and tv. All .. of..
> the..stories...are... reported... very... slow....ly...  Must go
> very well with lava lamps, feng shui paraphenlia, and chanting.
> That...is....all....    http://www.voanews.com/english/webcasts.cfm
>
> Bill... O... Neill....
>
> -- Peace

What you described mirrors one of the greatest skits by Bob and Ray
on their album "Bob and Ray: The Two and Only".
Bob Elliott is interviewing the s p o k e s m a n
for the slow talkers of America, played by Ray Goulding.
As Ray talks R E A L L Y slowly, Bob gets exasperated
and fills in the gaps with Ray's expected response.
I know I once owned the album, but it seems to have
disappeared.  Too bad.  But it WAS funny!