Fw: More FMs for Albany

Sven Franklyn Weil sven@gordsven.com
Tue Feb 24 13:38:28 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Rick Kelly wrote:
> sticking their antenna on a WPTR tower. Also WPTR and WDCD (96.7) are
> flipping formats...with the religon on 1540 and Legends on FM competing

That's a bummer.  I occasionally am able to pick up Legends 1540 down here
in New York City.

Seems like there won't be anything worthwile listening
on AM radio in the Capital District anymore....unless someone else decides
to flip another one of the AM chatter-boxes to music (fat chance) :(

Not only that but with 50,000 watts, AM 1540 has an excellent signal in
Albany & Troy and beyond, while 96.7 FM  doesn't, unless they were to move
the transmitter INTO the city itself.

--
Sven