Mexican Radio Stations Interfering In U.S.

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed Feb 18 17:40:50 EST 2004

Thanks, Methue- I mean, Laurence!

I just listened to the archive of the show
(http://www.marketplace.org/shows/2004/02/17_mpp.html) - interesting piece,
and relatively accurate. The two new signals in addition to the 560 are on
780 and 920 and are already testing. It's going to end up with somebody
getting a pair of bolt cutters and a blowtorch and heading across the
border late one night, I just know it...

And the difference between the old-time border blasters (XERF 1570, XEROK
800, XERB 1090, etc.) is that they operated (and still do) on frequencies
legally allocated to Mexico by international treaty. The new 560/780/920 don't!