LPFMs for Vt. Transport Agency

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 23:21:26 EST 2003

Looks like the Vermont Agency of Transportation has a
bunch of construction permits for LPFMs in the Green
Mt. State. To be exact:

WRUT-LP 93.3 Rutland
WMDB-LP 94.9 Middlebury
WFAI-LP 95.9 Fairlee
WSTW-LP 96.5 Stowe
WTET-LP 96.5 Thetford
WMID-LP 96.9 Middlesex
WWIL-LP 98.1 Williston
WDER-LP 98.3 Derby
WBOL-LP 98.5 Boltonville
WMAN-LP 98.9 Manchester

...and so on. There are CPs for stations in West
Dover, Orleans, Putney, Randolph, and Jonesville, too.

I think all are 100 watts, and the height can be as
much as 1075 ft (WMDB Middlebury). No idea when
they're going on. Am wondering:

--with 100 watts, can they cover a half decent amount
of territory (given the mountainous nature of the
state)?

--when will they debut (any idea)?

--what kind of programming? Since it's "Vermont
Transport" I have no idea if it's tourist info
stations, or what. Anyone know?