TV Guide editions

Mark Laurence mlaurence@mindspring.com
Wed Dec 24 21:59:27 EST 2003

On Wednesday, December 24, 2003, at 09:30  PM, Paul Anderson wrote:

> On Dec 24, 2003, at 12:17 PM, Scott Fybush wrote:
>
>> My friends on the WTFDA (TV/FM DXers list) have been noticing that TV
>> Guide has consolidated a number of its regional editions out of
>> existence, effective with the 12/27/03 issue. Here in Rochester, our
>> "Rochester Edition" (which listed Rochester, Buffalo and Syracuse)
>> has been merged into "Western New York,"
>
> The Boston and Providence editions have been eliminated, replaced by a
> Boston-Providence edition. ..

TV Guide is in tough shape overall, but local advertising in particular
is a shadow of its former self.    Also, their new format has cut
coverage of daytime hours when local differences were most important.
Now they emphasize prime time network and cable channels and they could
almost consolidate to an Eastern Time Zone edition, like they do for
DirecTV.

Mark