leasing a station to the Chinese Government

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 19:20:57 EDT 2011

On Tue, 6/28/11, Blaine Thompson <irw@well.com> wrote:
> What's more interesting, and the
> Radio One/WILD people SHOULD be aware of...
>
> As I presume the programming doesn't originate in the U.S.,
> WILD should unplug its PPM equipment, as Arbitron prohibits
> ratings from programming that doesn't originate in the
> U.S.***
>
> *** I heard this from someone else, who is an engineer in A
> Big Market. I'm only the messenger.  And if I'm wrong,
> I guess that makes me the Yahoo Messenger. <g>

If they're leasing the station for Chinese government propaganda, I reckon ratings are of minimal concern.

Also, that would mean ratings for any sporting events overseas (the Olympics, being one example; breaking news, too) would have to be tossed, and I reckon the logistics of doing that may not be simple.