Coverage of Whitey Bulger's capture?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Jun 23 02:43:33 EDT 2011

On 6/23/2011 2:08 AM, Dale H. Cook wrote:
> Actually, I should have noticed that the Globe site and FOXNews.com
> have the same story from the Associated Press, so it looks like the AP
> LA bureau has the scoop.

Unlike the New York Times, Washington Post and a few others, the
Boston.com site doesn't seem to be staffed late-night, unless there's
breaking sports (the Stanley Cup is a good example).  I got the news
from the LA Times, since it happened on the west coast.  I first got it
from Twitter (I follow some journalists) and a bulletin from (of all
places) the Wall Street Journal.  But there was little original
reporting. Dale is right-- most places just rely on the Associated Press
at night. The LA Times had the most details.