channel 4 pranked by Stern caller

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Wed Jun 1 17:52:59 EDT 2011

Well, once again, the dangers of putting live callers on the air.  A guy
called into channel 4 news and said he was from Douglas, MA, where there
had been reports of tornadoes or severe hail.  At first, he started
giving what sounded like a reasonable eye-witness report, but then he
said everything sounded like "Baba-booey, baba-booey."  They cut him off
immediately, but again, it shows that putting callers on the air live
without first vetting them (in a crisis, that's hard to do) can lead to
problems.  Btw, I had no idea Howard Stern's prank callers were still
out there.  Stupid people-- I mean, it's a time of an emergency, people
are eager to get the latest weather, and this joker takes advantage of
the situation.  Sad.