WJAR drops Weather Plus

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Fri Jan 23 11:46:45 EST 2009

At 7:47 AM -0800 1/23/09, Sean Smyth wrote:

>I'm surprised that NBC hasn't queried affiliates about possibly
>using The Weather Channel in that spot for a short-term fix.

I don't know that they haven't.  But just because NBC universal owns
the Weather Channel doesn't mean that there wouldn't be licensing
conflicts if the local stations were to run it, you can just imagine
the protests from the cable companies.

>Is WHDH running Universal Sports?

No, and AFAIK they have no plans to do so.  Right now 7.2 is running
WHDH in SD just as a placeholder.

--
Larry Weil
WHDH/WLVI Master Control